Friday, December 29, 2006

Pint Night 12/27/06 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Description from www.sierranevada.com:
The long, cold nights of winter are a little brighter with Celebration Ale. Wonderfully robust and rich, Celebration Ale is dry-hopped for a lively, intense aroma. Brewed especially for the holidays, it is perfect for a festive gathering or for a quiet evening at home.

“…best beer ever made in America.”
– Stan Sessor, San Francisco Chronicle

GOLD MEDAL WINNER
United States Beer Tasting Championship (IPA: 1994)

FIRST PLACE
Chicago Beer Society — 1996 Fall Beer Tasting

SILVER MEDAL WINNER
California State Fair (IPA: 1999)
Great American Beer Festival (IPA: 2002)

2 comments:

AsianSteev said...

"Best beer ever made in America?" That line has to be out of context. It was probably preceded by something like "this is definitely not.." or "I would kill a man to trade this beer for.."
Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a bad beer per say... I just don't think it was made for me. I don't like to wring wet hops flowers into a bucket, and wash my face with the juice, making sure to get just a little into my eyes, because I like the way it stings.
but that's just me.
4/10

Patrick Smith said...

ouch!